Number of Docking Stations mismatch
The number of Docking Stations found during this synchronization does not match the number of configured Docking Stations for this Sync Console.
This report shows that during the last synchronization the number of docking stations found by the computer did not match the number of docking stations that it should have according to the server.
It’s possible a USB- or power cable isn’t connected properly.
- Check all the cables and see it they are connected. The light on the Docking station should be green.
- Check if the USB Hubs are still functioning. Try to use as few USB hubs as possible, and try to use the USB connections directly on the computer if possible. When you use USB hubs make sure the cables between the computer and USB hub are as short as possible. We advise you not to use the power adapter that comes with the USB Hubs.
- Check if the FTDI operating program installation is installed.
- If problems persist it can be helpful to use (or not use) a grounded electrical outlet.
If all of the above seems to be in order, you can try the following:
- Turn off the Sync computer / laptop.
- Remove the Podcatchers from the docking stations.
- Remove all USB connectors which are connected with the docking stations or USB hubs from the computer/laptop.
- Pull the plugs of the 5V adapters out of the outlet.
- The green light of the docking station will turn off, wait several minutes.
- Reconnect all the cables and place the Podcatchers back into the docking stations.
It can also be possible that the stated number of docking stations no longer matches the real number of docking stations present at your location. This can happen if you’ve ordered more Podcatcher for a temporary Tour for example. If that is the case, change the number of docks that should be connected in the Portal.
This Sync Console has never run a synchronization
As the message implies, the Sync Console has never run a synchronization before. You can manually start a synchronization from the Sync desktop application and/or on the Sync Console, or wait for the automatic daily synchronization to start.
Synchronization of this Sync Console took place more than x days ago
The last synchronization was some time ago ago. To help keep the Podcatcher working correctly, it is recommended to synchronize daily.
- The Sync Console is (or was) offline at the time the daily automatic synchronization was scheduled.
- The internet connection is (or was) not functioning at the time the daily automatic synchronization was scheduled.
- The Podcatcher Sync program is not running on the Sync Console.
The Sync Console indicates that it’s offline even though it isn’t
If the Sync computer shows as offline in the Sync, that means it can’t connect to our services. This can be caused by something as mundane as an internet cable being plugged out or your Site cutting power to the computer at night, or by something more complex.
To prevent or fix the most common causes of sync failure, make sure:
- The computer is powered on at the time of syncing;
- It’s connected to the internet (preferably wired);
- It has the proper software installed;
- The Podcatcher Sync application is running;
- The hard drive isn’t completely full;
- The computer isn’t stuck on the log-in screen to Windows.
If all of that is true and it still doesn’t want to sync, try rebooting the computer and then manually scheduling a synchronization with the sync application.
Another thing to try is to check whether the application’s settings file has been corrupted. The file is typically located on the C: drive, in Program Files, Guide ID, Podcatcher Sync, Data. Right-click the settings file and open it with Notepad. If it’s empty, close the file again and replace that file with the file inside this zip archive. After replacing the file, restart the Podcatcher Sync service and/or the computer.
Date and/or time on the computer seems to be incorrect
The date and/or time on the computer seems to be incorrect, check the date and/or time settings on the computer and make sure they are correct. After adjusting the time, you need to restart your computer for the changes to be applied properly.
The sync console seems to be online but could have stopped responding
There is communication between the Sync Console and the server, but it seems that the Sync Console is taking too long to finish a task. It’s possible you’ll have to restart the computer manually if it seems to be frozen.