The installation for sync consoles usually goes without a hitch, but occasionally you can run into trouble. To fix them, try the following:
Install the Docking Station USB driver
- Download the program ‘FTDI Drivers Auto Executable CDM v2.12.00 WHQL Certified.exe‘.
- Go to the location on your computer where you saved the program and right-click on the file you just downloaded and choose Run as Administrator.
- As soon as the installation is finished and the window disappears, you need to restart the computer.
- Place the Docking stations close to the synchronization computer and connect the adapter to the docking station and power supply. The light on the docking station will blink a few times and then turn green.
- Connect the Docking station and the Sync Console with the USB cable. The computer should report that new hardware has been found, installed and is ready to use.
- Re-try installing the Podcatcher Sync application.
Install the .NET Framework 3.5 runtime
If you encounter an error that closes the installer immediately, your computer probably doesn’t have the .NET framework version 3.5 SP1 installed.